Delicious and easy St. Patricks Day treats
Looking for some good ideas to show your St Patricks Day spirit? The following are a short list of festive treats you will be sure to enjoy!
1) Chocolate mint brownies - These are easy to make and you may already have all of the ingredients you need at home! Bake any box of brownies ahead of time, and let cool for two hours. For the filling, you need butter, cream cheese, green food coloring, mint extract, powdered sugar, and heavy whipping cream. After everything is mixed together, you spread it over the cooled brownies and refrigerate. For the topping, all that is needed is whipping cream, butter, and semisweet chocolate chips, which is melted and mixed on the stove. Once cooled, the topping is poured and spread evenly on the filling, and then place the brownies back in the refrigerator for at least another hour.
You can also use creme de menthe if you already have it in your pantry. These are absolutely heavenly if you are a mint fan!
2) Green rice krispie treats - Rice krispie treats can be altered for nearly every holiday with food coloring, and for St. Patricks day, you can take mini marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal and add them to these for a fun dessert! For this recipe, all you will need is a box of rice krispie cereal, green food coloring, butter, and lucky charms cereal (optional). Just follow the recipe for krispie treats on the back of the box, and then add a few drops of green food coloring and marshmallows. Another idea is preparing regular rice krispie treats and then drizzling green frosting over the top of your krispie treats. You can be creative and use different shades of green.
3) Shamrock Margarita - Those who are hosting a party and need a good alcoholic beverage idea may want to consider this tasty margarita, made up of tequila, melon liquor, lime juice, and simple syrup ( sugar dissolved in hot water). For those who don’t drink alcohol, a shamrock ale mocktail is a good option, composed of sweetened lime juice, ginger ale, lime sherbet, honey and green sprinkles. Delicious!
4) CoronaRita Margarita - Another good option for an alcoholic beverage is this Margarita, composed of tequila, triple sec, margarita mix, coronita beer, a lime wedge, and a salted rim. Very tasty and perfect on a hot day.
5) Chocolate covered strawberries or pineapple - This one will be a hit with both kids and adults. After you dip the strawberries in melted chocolate, set them on a baking sheet, drizzle melted mint chips over them, and allow them to set at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
6) Four Leaf Clover Smoothie - If you are about living a healthy lifestyle, this one’s for you. Blend baby kale, pineapple, wheatgrass powder, an apple, dried white mulberries, ice, and water to create a refreshing, energizing drink that will keep you satisfied.
There are different variations to each of these ideas and more that you can easily find if you search online. If you feel like going all out and turning everything green, you can even make green eggs and green pancakes for breakfast, or add green food coloring to milk and serve with cereal, like Lucky Charms for the little ones. It’s never too early to start planning your St. Patrick’s day get together or family gathering. Just make sure to have fun!